Tuesday, February 12, 2008

How to make a chicken quiche in 8 friggen easy steps. By Leoal.

1. Chop up some leftover chicken, add some salt, pepper, and sage. Place in a Tenderflake pie crust. What? They're easy!2. Don't use breadcrumbs. They are silly. Crunch up some cracker crumbs, mix with salt, pepper, and sage, and sprinkle over the chicken.3. Open the fridge to discover you have this many eggs left:4. Pop down here:5. And pick up some reasonably priced eggs. Frig.6. Mix 1 1/4 cups of milk, 3 tbsp of flour, 2 eggs (yeah, I paid that price and I only needed one egg) and (you guessed it) salt, pepper, and sage. (I like to season every level of this meal). Whisk until you get some bubbles. 7. Pour egg mixture into the pie crust:
8. Realize you meant to put some veggies in, but that it was too late once you added the cracker crumbs. Frig. Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes, until set the whole way through. Serve with veggies and dip, because you started knitting, lost track of time, and forgot to put any veggies on to cook.

(the hole is from when I poked it to see if it was done. Presentation is not my strong suit)

This quiche is great for leftover chicken or turkey, and it is a great make ahead meal, because you can just slip it out of the foil pan, put it in a pyrex pie plate (if you have one... I do, and that is about all I do with it) and pop it in the microwave. It reheats well. If you have a lot of chicken, the quiches can be wrapped in foil and frozen. I once cooked myself a whole turkey while Travis was away, and then made all these quiches with the leftovers that I just pulled out of the freezer whenever I needed them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

L
M
F
A
O

i'm in the library at school and i just burst out laughing hysterically at this.
you're friggen hilarious :)

allymama said...

ditto..
this blog reminded me of Bridget Jones' blue soup fiasco