Tuesday, February 27, 2007

How to Grow Basil

Here is a quote from an ehow.com article:


"How to Grow Basil
...Difficulty: Easy"


It's a lie. All lies, I say. So they magically grow big and tall and bushy, you claim. Lies! Look at this thing:






Is that not the sorriest looking thing you have ever seen? And this is the third one! The THIRD! I found the second one crawling across the counter towards the trash can, just creeping along, dragging its pot, like some kind of dismembered hand from a horror movie.

Ok, so that's a slight exaggeration.

So all you plant-o-philes out there, if anybody thinks this poor thing can be rescued, and have any advice, I would love to hear it. If you think I should put it out of its misery and try again, let me know. For now I am feeding and watering it and I moved it to a different spot. I am going to pluck its leaves.

I mean, all I want is a big plant so I can make pesto whenever I want. Is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your bad luck with basil. I'm trying to grow some now and after looking at your plant, I'm a little discouraged! LOL